Electronic circuits > Audio > Digital Volume Control|
Digital Volume Control
This circuit could be used for replacing your manual volume control in a
stereo amplifier. In this circuit, push-to-on switch S1 controls the forward
(volume increase) operation of both channels while a similar switch S2 controls
reverse (volume decrease) operation of both channels.
A readily available IC from Dallas semiconductor, DS1669 is used here.
- Replaces mechanical variable resistors
- Electronic interface provided for digital as well as manual control
- Wide differential input voltage range between 4.5 and 8 volts
- Wiper position is maintained in the absence of power
- Low-cost alternative to mechanical controls
- Applications include volume, tone, contrast,brightness, and dimmer
The circuit is extremely simple and compact requiring very few external
The power supply can vary from 4.5V to 8V.
Published on: 2004-08-21 (22903 reads)
[ Back | Home ]